Building Bridges / Building Trust Thumball 6"
The Building Bridges Thumball™ focuses on issues of trust. Discuss factors that contribute to the development of trust, and building trusting relationships in the process. Simply toss the ball and ask the recipient to share a reaction to whatever prompt lies under their thumb. Thumballs are soft-sided 6" stuffed balls. They look like a soccer ball but are soft and safe for indoor use.
Trust allows us to take risks, open up, and look for mutually beneficial solutions when conflicts occur. Trust gives us peace of mind when we need to rely on one another, and comfort to share our vulnerabilities. Like a bridge, trust also brings people together and deepens relationships. Then, with strong relationship, we enjoy emotional support, confidence, reduced stress, good health, and happiness. Building trust starts with communication - asking the right questions and taking the time to listen.
The Building Bridges Thumball provides 32 discussion prompts, engineered to foster respect and develop shared understanding about our commonalities, values, and sensitivities. Trust allows us to take risks, open up, and look for mutually beneficial solutions when conflicts arise. Building trust starts with communication - asking the right questions and taking the time to listen.
- Why do people fight?
- What are you grateful for?
- What contributes to distrust
- Who do you turn to for help?
- Who have you helped recently?
- What's your greatest hope?
- What makes you feel proud?
- Is it ever okay to break a promise?
- How do you show respect?
- What keeps you up at night?
- Who do you trust with your secrets?
- Who “has your back”?
- Name one thing to do that will build bridges between people
- What personality characteristics do you value most?
- What's important enough to fight for?
- How do you prefer to communicate? (in person, phone, text, skype…)
- Who most misunderstands you?
- What might be the impact of admitting mistakes?
- Are “white lies” okay? Why/why not?
- Who do you consider to be your “family”?
- What topics are hardest to discuss?
- How do you decide if someone is trustworthy?
- Do you tend to say “I don't know” or make something up? Why?
- How can we build trust in one another?
- How do you make others feel safe?
- What is “active listening” and why is it important?
- Do you ever resist asking for help? When? Why?
- Do you feel safe to disagree? Why?
- Is withholding information the same as misinforming?
- How can teams develop deeper trust?
- Describe the last time you said “I'm sorry”
- What's more important, being nice or being genuine? Why?
How to Use the Site:MEMBER DISCOUNTS: For Member pricing, please sign in to your Book Curator account.
WISH LISTS: Signing in will also allow you to create a wish list. Just choose the heart icon on each product you want to add. To view your list, click on the heart icon at the top right of your screen.
COMPARING PRODUCTS: To compare products, use the scales icon.
TO VIEW OR COMPLETE YOUR ORDER: Click on the cart icon at the top right of your screen.
SHIPPING: Enjoy the low flat rate of just 12.95 shipping and handling to anywhere in Australia, no matter how large your order is.